Thursday through Saturday at 8PM April 22 – 24 and Sunday April 25 at 7pm
The Side Project Theatre 1439 W Jarvis, Chicago.
Etcetera IX is four nights of contemporary, experimental, progressive, and interdisciplinary live performance. The purpose of the event is to celebrate the multiplicity of performance styles and to unite audiences and artists from different disciplines. The length of each piece varies from 5-15 minutes.
Programming will alternate evenings so that Program A will run Thursday and Saturday and Program B will run Friday and Sunday. Admission for one evening is $15; Festival Passes, which allow entry to both programs, are $20. Tickets are availableat the door.
Media comps and interviews are available upon request from 312-388-7660 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- High School Reunion Sketch comedy in which Dumbledore and Gandalf happen upon each other at their 50 year high school reunion.
- The Partially Triumphant Return Of Bad McGough, Exiled Leader of This Land (Matt Test) A malevolent dictator returns from exile, seeking answers as to why his kingdom has become so small.
- Ha-Cha-Cha! with Plucky Rosenthal Vaudeville-style comedy act with ukulele and banjo
- The Numerous Possible Consequences of Making the Bed Presented with overlapping and simultaneous dialogue, three people at different ages, in different parts of the world decide that perhaps making the bed might be the very thing that can change their life for the better.
- Untitled Foster Project (the Anatomy Collective) An exploration of personal transitions through movement and shadow puppetry. **Saturday Only
- Joseph Ravens Performance Art **Thursday Only
- Trunk Full of Baby's Breath (The Billy Goat Experiment Theatre Company) Based on the true story of Stella Willamson, a quiet "spinster", whose death in 1980 led to the discovery of 5 infants hidden in attic trunk for 50 years. Puppetry and Song.
- The Things We Make Up Improvised musical comedy. **Sunday Only
- Amy Sumpter Original stand-up comedy.
- Skinny Dipping (Shanna Shrum) Combines improv, six scripted characters, audience participation, and a dash of cabaret to create a solo show unlike any other. **Friday Only
- Hypnotism Showcase (Mental Edge Productions) Performance Artist Ross Moreno will bring you on a journey of the subconscious mind.
- What Lies Ahead (The Ruckus Theatre Company) A multi-media theatre piece of the lies we tell in love, online, to ourselves and each other.
- The Sweet Goddess Project Dance, media, and text based performance addressing women’s sexuality and sensuality through disco. **Sunday Only
Help support The Mill by purchasing books through this link.